Title i information
Section 1111(h)(6)(A) of No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 states that as a parent of a student at the Mahoning County High School receiving Title I funding, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the classroom teachers who are providing instruction to your child. Federal law requires that the school division provide you with this information in a timely manner if you request such. Specifically, you have the right to request the following information about each of your child’s classroom teachers:
- Whether the teacher meets the state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grades and subjects he or she teachers.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or provisional status because of special circumstances.
- The teacher’s college major, whether the teacher has any advanced degrees, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
- Whether paraprofessionals provide services to your child, and if so, their qualifications.
- Parents have the right to request policies regarding state assessments.
If you would like to receive this information, please contact Jennifer Merritt at (330) 702-7890, extension 2, or by email at [email protected].
Jennifer B. Merritt